The School of Social and Natural Systems Engineering has two main objectives. These are:
– to provide a broad overview of modern methodologies and techniques for modelling and control
of natural systems and for urban and regional analysis and planning
– to train regional and urban civil servants in modern methodologies and techniques that can be
effective as a rational basis for decision-making.
Italian and foreign scholars will take stock of the state of the art, the main research trends and share
practical experiences with references to current issues. Furthermore, the participation of local public authorities will provide the opportunity to discuss specific and real problems. To achieve these objectives, there are several approaches, all equally effective.
1. a comprehensive analysis of the relationship between the various natural and social systems (environmental and ecological conditions, urban structures, social services, industrial settlements, etc.)
2. a detailed functional analysis of an individual system
3. a methodological and operational evaluation of specific approaches and techniques for different problems.
The school’s lectures will provide many opportunities for interesting and productive exchanges between scholars and useful training for participating local and regional officials.